Fighting the Wild Rose Spray

All week i've been fighting with the pattern of the wild rose spray from the book. The original pattern was far too big, because i'm not working with thin yarn and hookneedle, but with 8 ply cotton and hookneedle 3 mm. That was the first adjustment. Secondly i didn't understand the written instructions, and the roses kept coming up very different from the pictures in the book. Having figured that out, i ran into another problem, i didn't like the way the stems were crocheted. There was a strange twist in the paddingcord i wanted to avoid. It is a good thing i have a lot of perseverance, because i succeeded:) Here's a photo of the result.

2 comments:

  1. Great. I wish I could find crochet lace for left hands motifs. I´m not able to do like you. Congrats

    ReplyDelete