Another try of one of the patterns in my Duplet magazines. I had been looking at this butterfly more than once, to make it.
Now i had an excuse, because i wanted to use the wings for my freeform cardigan.
As before, it was a real challenge to find out what the chart meant. I was able to get as far as the first corkscrews, but they twisted the wrong way, to the right instead of the left... After several tries i finally figured out that the single crochets were backwards. I found a good tutorial on this website: http://crochetcabana.com/stitches/backwards_sc.htm. My butterfly started to look like the photo:)
The next hurdle was the mistakes in the chart. I kept getting less stitches on my rounds. I had to count and redraw the chart to make it right. The body in the photo has some details, i haven't been able to reproduce from the chart. With the left antenna i had to cheat a little to get it in the right direction. In the head there are triangle symbols, that i couldn't decypher. I made them backwards single crochets, it looked like the stitches in the photo.
It took 5 days and a lot of frogging, but here it is...
I didn't block it yet, but it's looking good:)
For those of you, who would like to give it i try, here are the charts.
This chart shows the direction which way to go. Have fun!